Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The 50 Book Challenge

This year I am part of a reading challenge. If you are a detective or simply used your powers of deduction, you will have guessed that it is a 50 Book Challenge by reading the title of this post.
I usually have no problems flying through books but have never really successfully logged what I have read within a year (or any other time frame for that matter).
The idea with the challenge is to push yourself to read more, not necessarily only read the literary classics. I other words, I take this to mean chick lit is totally fine and counts!
So here is my list of read books so far:
January:
1.Bleachers- John Grisham
2.Breathe- Tim Winton
3.Queen of Babble- Meg Cabot
4.All Because of You- Melanie ?
5.The Other Woman- Jane Green
6.To Love, Honor and Betray- Kathy Lette
7. Mommies Who Drink- Brett Paesel
8. Eucalyptus- Murray Bail
9. Secrets of Married Women- Carol Mason

February:
10. The 19th Wife- David Ebershoff reading now
11. Raising Boys- Steve Biddulph reading now... very reluctantly
On order from the library:
Beautiful people Holden, Wendy.
Rumour has it Mansell, Jill.
How to break your own heart Alderson, Maggie.
Tempted : an It girl novel Von Ziegesar, Cecily.
Wild swan De Blasis, Celeste.
Send me a lover Mason, Carol.
The slap Tsiolkas, Christos
When the Hipchicks went to war Rushby, Pamela
I dream of Magda Laszczuk, Stefan

I also belong to a book club with some girlfriends. We usually try and meet every second month or so and take turns to host and choose the book for the group. Last meet we read Eucalyptus by Murray Bail and I loved it. It was definitely not a book I would have chosen had it not been the book for the group.
I am hosting the next discussion, and have selected We Need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver for the girls.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know where you find the time to read with a newborn and a 4 year old, but you give me hope and something to aspire to! Thank you for getting me back in the reading vibe again. Currently reading Michael Connelley's "The Brass Verdict".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely getting through your list quicker than me!

    ReplyDelete